Creating and Editing Competencies
A competency defines a specific group of courses that a student needs to take. To complete a competency, a student must complete all of the courses contained in the competency. To complete a learning path, a student needs to complete all of the competencies.
1. First, make sure you are on the editing page for a learning path. (You are automatically taken here when you create a new learning path, or you can access it by navigating to the learning path page under the ‘Settings’ menu of the sidebar, and clicking the ‘View’ button next to the learning path you want to edit.)
2. Under the ‘Competencies’ tab, you can add new competencies to the learning path.
3. To create a new competency, click ‘Add Competencies’.
4. Click ‘Create Competency’.
5. Enter the name and description for the competency, then click ‘Confirm’.
6. On this editing page, there are three tabs in the upper toolbar. Under the ‘Details’ tab you can edit the name and description of the competency. Click ‘Save’ to save any changes.
7. Under the ‘courses’ tab, you can add courses to the competency. These will be the courses a student must complete to finish the competency. Note that students will be automatically enrolled in the courses you add if they are assigned to this competency.
8. To add courses, click ‘Add courses’.
9. Your course list will appear. Clicking ‘Add’ next to a course’s name will add the course to the competency.
10. To remove a course, click ‘Remove Courses’ at the top of the list.
11. Then click ‘Remove’.
12. The final tab is the ‘Delete’ tab, which will delete this competency.
13. When you are finished editing the competency, return to the learning path by following the link at the top of the page.
14. If you open the ‘Competencies’ tab again, the new competency will appear on the list. You have the option to edit or remove the competency using the buttons.